Bass Drumming Workshop
Bass Drumming Workshop Overview
Click Here for Downloadable Matrix of Specifics: Faculty-Curriculum-Times-Locations
Basic mallet control & advanced techniques
Fundamental and advanced rudiments
- What do Judges look for?
Playing with heart and dynamics
Taking ownership of time
Visual meter and motion
Marches in simple, duple, triple and quadruple time
Marches in compound time
The strathspey idiom
Creating bass drum scores
Rhythmic phrasing for the MSR
Rhythmic phrasing for light music: hornpipes – jigs round reels
Getting the best tone from your drum
Care and maintenance
General Workshop Overview:
- Six workshop master class sessions over two days, January 14 & 15, 2023
Free admission to the Saturday night Pipes & Drums Concert, January 14 , 2023
- Free workshop T-shirt
- Free admission to Winter Steam, the after-concert party. Souvenir pint glass is $30- enjoy unlimited refills. All are welcome, but must be 21 to consume alcohol. No exceptions.
- Vendor booths and Manufacturer Representatives on-site. Talk with the experts. Check out the latest piping and drumming gear. Special Offers on-site.
- Special rates at the Winter Storm hotels
- Early registration is $200 if paid by December 31.
- Online or onsite Registration paid after December 31 is $220.
The Winter Storm Workshop, Competitions, Concert, and Winter Steam Party will take place on the Winter Storm Campus.
See Event Schedule for Maps, Floor Plans, Times, Locations, etc.
What is more, the Winter Storm Competitions, to be held on Thursday and Friday, January 12 & 13, 2023, have tremendous appeal to enthusiasts who enjoy the excitement of world-class piping and drumming contests, and are an excellent learning opportunity for students. The acclaimed Winter Storm Amateur and Professional piping and drumming contests attract many of the finest players in North America and the World. The contests will be held at the Winter Storm Hotel Complex. Spectator Tickets: $30.00 Allows spectator access to January 13 Professional piping and drumming competition events (January 12 is FREE). Spectator Tickets may be purchased on-line or at the door.
A curriculum matrix with classroom topics, times, locations, and instructor assignments will be available upon arrival, along with a packet containing a free Winter Storm Workshop T-shirt and name badge.
Online registration has ceased. Please register on-site.
Out of stock