Snare Drumming Workshop
Snare Drumming Workshop Overview
Basic stick control & advanced techniques
Fundamental and advanced rudiments
Applied rudiments and two bar phrasing
Applied dynamics and ensemble considerations
Roll and accented roll development
Being an effective corps member
Marches in compound time: 6/8 9/8 12/8
The strathspey idiom
Building a competition set
Interpreting Alex Duthart‘s classic scores
Light music: hornpipes – jigs round reels
An ensemble approach to creating a unique drum corps sound
Care and maintenance
Fine tuning the drum corps
Six workshop master class sessions over two days, January 18 & 19, 2020
Free ticket to the Saturday night Pipes & Drums Concert, January 18, 2020
- Free workshop T-shirt
- Free admission to Winter Steam, the after-concert party. Souvenir pint glass is $25- enjoy unlimited refills. All are welcome, but must be 21 to consume alcohol. No exceptions.
- Vendor booths and Manufacturer Representatives on-site. Talk with the experts. Check out the latest piping and drumming gear. Special Offers on-site.
- Valuable coupons and special offers from nearby restaurants and Winter Storm vendors
- Special rates at the Winter Storm hotels
- Early registration is $160.00 if paid by December 31. Register on-line to take advantage of the $20.00 discount.
- Online or onsite Registration paid after December 31 is $180.00
The Winter Storm Workshop, Competitions, Concert, and Winter Steam Party will take place on the Winter Storm Campus.
See Event Schedule for Maps, Floor Plans, Times, Locations, etc.
What is more, the Winter Storm Competitions, to be held on Thursday and Friday, January 16 and 17, 2020, have tremendous appeal to enthusiasts who enjoy the excitement of world-class piping and drumming contests, and are an excellent learning opportunity for students. The acclaimed Winter Storm Amateur and Professional piping and drumming contests attract many of the finest players in North America and the World. The contests will be held at the Winter Storm Hotel Complex. Spectator Tickets: $25.00 Allows spectator access to January 17 piping and drumming competition events (January 16 is FREE). Spectator Tickets may be purchased on-line or at the door.
A curriculum matrix with classroom topics, times, locations, and instructor assignments will be available upon arrival, along with a packet containing a free Winter Storm Workshop T-shirt, name badge, a free Pipes and Drums Concert ticket.
Form below shows out of stock, but you may register on-site. See Schedule of Events for ON-SITE REGISTRATION INFO.
Out of stock